When it comes to tense muscles and stress, I’m sure you’ve heard enough about massage therapists and meditation for one lifetime…
… But if you want to try a new approach to stimulate your muscles and relax them to reduce pain and minimize stress, then you should consider an electronic pulse massager.
In this article, we quickly explain what and how to use an electronic pulse massager, as well as listing some of the benefits and side effects.
The best part?
This website also lists the top electronic pulse massagers that we have reviewed, so you can quickly find the top rated products in case you are considering getting one for yourself… So keep reading.
“What is this… electronic pulse… thing… you speak of?”
These massagers are different from others which simply stimulate nerves. An electronic pulse massager can affect various and several parts of the body simultaneously such as your neck, shoulders, and back, and at the same time reduce stiffness and tension.
These devices are found in many massage parlors and spas, and you can have them at home too. They’re lightweight and portable and can be used anywhere to improve the blood circulation and for muscle conditioning.
Here’s how it works:
These types of massagers are very easy to use and can relieve the sore and stiff muscles in just a few minutes.
The device sends various patterns of electronic impulses to the muscles through the pads.
Your muscles feel those impulses and respond to them by creating a rhythmic pattern of contraction and relaxation.
Sounds great, eh? But wait, there’s more:
These patterns create soothing massage sensations that resemble the ones that are given by a personal massager.
An electronic pulse massager consists of one or two pairs of round or square massage pads and electrodes.
But you’ve probably been wondering:
How Do I use an Electronic Pulse Massager For Muscle Relief?
How to use an electronic pulse massager? Simply follow these steps:
- Connect one end of the electrode wire to the channel hole of the device and the other end to the massage pad. Repeat this step for the other electrode wire too.
- Always make sure that the skin is clean and doesn’t contain any dirt or lotion. This step is necessary for the proper functioning of the device.
- Now, place the pads on the skin of the area which needs treatment. Make sure that the pads don’t touch each other.
- Avoid the heart and head areas and always press the pads to make sure they are properly in contact with the skin.
- Now turn on the device and start with the lowest intensity.
- Choose the type of treatment.
- Adjust the intensity switch to a comfortable level.
- Power off the device after 10 to 15 minutes of use.
- If you feel irritation, pain, discomfort, or dizziness, stop the device immediately and use the device after consulting a physician.
Using an electronic pulse massager is very simple as basically all you have to do is place the pads on the sore or tight muscles and start the treatment.
And perhaps you’ve been wondering…
… Where can I get pads?
These pads are available at various stores and can be replaced if you need to. You can usually find them on Amazon for low prices (… and of course you also get really great customer support and fast shipping as a bonus!)
Always make sure that your pads are in proper condition and are not damaged. Non-sticky pads don’t function properly and minimize the efficiency of this massager.
A smart massager consists of many types of programs and treatments for the users to select such as shiatsu, scraping, cupping, kneading, tune, and many other types.
Benefits of Electrical Muscle Stimulation:
- may reduce stress
- may help with muscle spasms
- may help to release tension in muscles
- may promote blood flow which helps to rejuvenate muscles
- may bring relief from acute pain
- may help with chronic pain
- may aid in preventing venous thrombosis after surgery
- may help to maintain muscle flexibility
But what is the optimal intensity and frequency? That seems to be subjective to each individual but can be tested through different settings to find a nice balance between comfort and effect.
But benefits are not only what you need to know. There’s more…
Side effects, warnings, and potential dangers
You should be aware that long-term side effects of electronic pulse massagers may be unknown. Since it is a modern technology, not much research can be made about its long term effects.
People who should be hesitant and cautious to use this technology include, but are not limited to:
- those with a sensitive carotid sinus reflex
- people who have airway issues or have trouble breathing
- women who are pregnant
- anyone with a heart condition
- people who have a pacemaker
- those with epilepsy
- anyone who have mental or brain diseases
Do not use electrical stimulation on:
- your neck
- your mouth
- your chest near the heart
- two opposite sides of your head
- swollen areas
- inflamed areas
If in doubt, we strongly recommend that you consult your doctor before using electric stimulation.
All in all:
how to use an electronic pulse massager An electronic pulse massager offers many benefits to the users as they relieve and loosen the tight and stiff muscles. These massagers also stimulate the blood flow in the body and offer an amazingly relaxing experience for the users.
Make sure you look at our reviews to find the top-rated electric pulse massagers on the market.